PDA

View Full Version : Trackmaster Beta Testing Windows Version Of MPH

Partsnut
08-08-2014, 04:07 PM
I recently noticed that Trackmaster is Beta testing a new windows version of MPH. (MPH Pro)
As far as I am led to believe and also very surprised that the Beta Testing had not been mentioned or offered on this board.
I am curious to know who the programmer is that re-wrote this software.
I would also be curious to know if it works with BRIS files and what data files
are being used with it. To me the data files being used for the software would be a critical issue on any software purchase I would make.

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

upthecreek
08-08-2014, 04:10 PM
I recently noticed that Trackmaster is Beta testing a new windows version of MPH. (MPH Pro)
As far as I am led to believe and also very surprised that the Beta Testing had not been mentioned or offered on this board.
I am curious to know who the programmer is that re-wrote this software.
are being used with it. To me the data files being used for the software would be a critical issue on any software purchase I would make.

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

I'm testing it So far not impressed It only uses TM files
I'll see if I can post a couple races tomorrow at Saratoga

Partsnut
08-08-2014, 06:52 PM
are being used with it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
upthecreek, thanks for the response.

"I'm testing it So far not impressed It only uses TM files"

Specifically, which TM files does it use?
Does it have any additional features that would not be found in the original DOS version?

JimG
08-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Hi Bill,

It's entirely web based, not a computer program you install on your computer nor do you use with data files in the traditional sense. I am sure they use trackmaster data in the web based product.

Jim

Partsnut
08-09-2014, 03:28 AM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response.

upthecreek
08-09-2014, 08:06 AM
I posted a few races and the help file over in the selections forum

Jingle
08-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Parts--glad to see you posting again. I did about 5 cards with it and am not impressed either. It is in beta stage and you can offer feedback. It is web based--no software to download. I realize 5 cards isn't nearly enough to make a judgment but...

Nothing like the old real McCoy that I have used since 1995--Massa/Brohamer version.

Good handicapping.

Bill

Charli125
08-18-2014, 12:41 PM
I beta'd it for a month, and it's buggy, though it has potential. I found a lot of horses missing which makes it pretty much worthless to test performance, but overall, I think it's pretty clean. Hopefully they take some of the feedback they got and improve it a bit.

David Siegel
08-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Folks - as always, we (TrackMaster) are delighted to answer questions and issues about any of our offerings. There were two primary product designers on this one, Craig Walker (cwalker@trackmaster.com) and Tom Brohamer. Pace Advantage contributors should feel free to write Craig with any specific question. Regarding the comment earlier about "missing horses", there shouldn't be any "missing" horses.

The displays on the Output tab include the Rankings section (top six contenders including ties), and the Velocity and Projections sections (six fastest fraction 1 horses). The user can use the Input tab to de-select pacelines of any horse displayed on the Output tab to eliminate them from the Output tab and allow data from other horses to appear on the Output tab. The design of the Output tab is based on the output design from the original Massa/Brohamer MPH DOS based version. Tom Brohamer has been involved in the development of the MPH Pro web based version and is happy with the results. He has been using MPH Pro in his everyday play, and generally uses the computer chosen pacelines, but will change a selected pace line occasionally.

Finally, this product really streamlines the original MPH effort and it has passed one of the two key tests - Tom's blessing. The other, and more important one of course, is how the public reacts. We are happy with its functionality, that it is web based (so works on PCs & Tablets, apple and non-apple products), with lots of good thought in terms of the underlying algorithms which reflect Toms theory of the pace effect on racing.

If any of you find specific bugs, please let Craig know but otherwise, we welcome all comments.

Pensacola Pete
08-20-2014, 05:34 AM
So this is essentially HTR from 20 years ago?

Charli125
08-20-2014, 11:21 AM
The displays on the Output tab include the Rankings section (top six contenders including ties), and the Velocity and Projections sections (six fastest fraction 1 horses). The user can use the Input tab to de-select pacelines of any horse displayed on the Output tab to eliminate them from the Output tab and allow data from other horses to appear on the Output tab. The design of the Output tab is based on the output design from the original Massa/Brohamer MPH DOS based version. Tom Brohamer has been involved in the development of the MPH Pro web based version and is happy with the results. He has been using MPH Pro in his everyday play, and generally uses the computer chosen pacelines, but will change a selected pace line occasionally.

My favorite part of the software was the ability to change which running lines you want to include, and I put that in my comments to Craig. That removes the black box functionality and adds some user input to the equation.

Inglewood Flamingo
08-20-2014, 09:21 PM
So this is essentially HTR from 20 years ago?
YES.