PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Using Dough?

barn32
05-07-2015, 10:38 AM
I've been using Dough (https://trade.dough.com/demo#/homePage)to look at verticals and what have you. It has pros and cons.

The biggest con is the clunky interface. On my PC it's very slow. I'm using the Web version.

Does anyone know if there is a stand alone version, or if there is a way to access it through ThinkorSwim?

Other than that it works fine for giving you a picture of any spread trades you'd like to make.

Here's a strangle I put on this morning just to get my feet wet. Ignoring any adverse risk, (which is always there), I sold the May 8 (expires tomorrow) AAPL 123 put and I also sold the May 8 127 call, for a 63¢ credit. (Numbers are off because these screenshots were taken premarket.) [POP is probability of profit.]

http://oi57.tinypic.com/11jrdzm.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2lj1hkn.jpg

FiveWide
05-09-2015, 11:05 AM
I've been learning Options now for the past year or so from the Tasty Trade group. ATM I paper trade with TOS but will also play around with Dough. I have been playing around with it since it's inception and it's still very much in it's infancy. I really like the risk graph of the Analyze tab of TOS. What I really like about Dough are the following:

1. Very easy to move your legs around when putting on a trade.
2. Their grid is really nice for quickly finding underlyings to trade.
3. The correlation matrix is going to be really nice. This is a very new feature and not customizable atm but they say they plan on making it so.
4. Love being able to follow their featured traders and being able to put on their exact trade with a single click of the button.

IMO, the cons with it right now is it's still in it's infancy so it's feature set isn't as rich as TOS. These guys originally built TOS so I expect Dough will be just as great a product but more of a simplified version. I'm an engineer so I like the detail of TOS but I understand the target audience they're going for with Dough (or at least I think I do :)). I'm hoping they add more strategies to their list for quick creation. I heard they were adding the Iron Fly strat so that will be awesome.

Overall, the way I would use it is as a compliment to TOS. I like them both.
I mainly run Dough on my Surface Pro tablet and it performs pretty good. I highly doubt you'll see a standalone version but you never know. You can't access it from TOS. They have a mobile version but I own a Windows phone which they don't support so I can't comment on it.

-Five

barn32
05-09-2015, 06:45 PM
4. Love being able to follow their featured traders and being able to put on their exact trade with a single click of the button.

Thanks. How do you follow a featured trader? They send me e-mails to follow so and so, but when I click on the link it just takes me to a page with a lot of different traders. I played around with it for an hour or so, but couldn't figure out how to follow the person they were touting.

FiveWide
05-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Thanks. How do you follow a featured trader? They send me e-mails to follow so and so, but when I click on the link it just takes me to a page with a lot of different traders. I played around with it for an hour or so, but couldn't figure out how to follow the person they were touting.

Yea I'm not sure you can much more than go to the page of traders. They used to have a set of footprints and I think that was some kind of follow functionality. I can't seem to find those footprints icon now though.

Come to think of it that icon may only show during their live show. Think I remember something about having the show on and clicking the footprints allowed the trade to show for you w/e that person pushed their trade out.

Send them an email at support@dough.com. They have been very responsive when I've sent them questions.

-Five

FiveWide
05-09-2015, 08:07 PM
Ok I found what I was looking for with the footprints. Check out the article. It's just a way for a trade used on the live show to show on your trade page.

https://support.dough.com/hc/en-us/articles/202847125-tastytrade-Live-trades-feature

-Five