PDA

View Full Version : Trackmaster PP's

wilderness
05-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Due all the Trackmaster PP's these days obscured the race dates (apparently to provide links to video) as the free Pik-5's I downloaded for tonight's Meadowlands (http://www.trackmaster.com/usta/mxx0511x.pdf)?

If obscured race dates in PP's are what Trackmaster and harness racing have to offer than, they lost any possibility of my wagering.

outofthebox
05-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Due all the Trackmaster PP's these days obscured the race dates (apparently to provide links to video) as the free Pik-5's I downloaded for tonight's Meadowlands (http://www.trackmaster.com/usta/mxx0511x.pdf)?

If obscured race dates in PP's are what Trackmaster and harness racing have to offer than, they lost any possibility of my wagering.That's what i usually get too. So they lost me buying their product. I'm just sticking to the free pp's Woodbine provides on their site. Maybe during Hambo week i will buy the pp's from Drf Harness Eye.

thespaah
05-11-2012, 11:09 PM

If obscured race dates in PP's are what Trackmaster and harness racing have to offer than, they lost any possibility of my wagering.
I just downloaded the PP's to see your example.
I can view the dates. They are to the right of the video icon.

wilderness
05-11-2012, 11:51 PM
I just downloaded the PP's to see your example.
I can view the dates. They are to the right of the video icon.

What PDF software are you using?
What are the Trust Manager settings?

Tom
05-12-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm using Adobe Reader 9 and can see the dates fine.
I have no idea where to find the settings.

wilderness
05-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks guys.

The PDF software is where the problem is.
I'm using Foxit 5.1, which disables the Trackmaster created ping requests from their file.
Changing the Trust-security settings within Foxit still does not display the dates.

Adobe, which is well known for retrieving data apparently doesn't notify the user of such requests.

I have a very old version of full-Acrobat, which I only use for creating PDF's.
Opening the Trackmaster PP's with that software shows the dates.

I stopped using all the Adobe stuff because their software is simply too bloated and is well-know for the pings.

Overcall
05-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Don wrote

"I stopped using all the Adobe stuff because their software is simply too bloated and is well-know for the pings."

You could use AVG or Zonealarm to deny the access to Adobe, depending
on what version of windows you're using. I just returned a new notebook cause
Win7 wanted to know everything yer doing! Hang on to you're WinXP disk, it's
going to get worse with Win8 coming out this Fall.

wilderness
05-12-2012, 07:52 AM
You could use AVG or Zonealarm

Thanks Overcall.

I've GeSWall and Avira installed.

outofthebox
05-12-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm using Adobe Reader 9 and can see the dates fine.
I have no idea where to find the settings.Maybe i need to update my adobe..

thespaah
05-12-2012, 09:26 PM
What PDF software are you using?
What are the Trust Manager settings?
Version 10.0...TO find this, click "start" go to "all programs". Find Adobe reader. Open, then click "properties"..
Do not know how to find "trust manager settings".

Charlie
05-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Just recently I had posted about my problem with the video replay symbols. I can see the dates, but each video replay symbol prints out as a small black box, which means approximately 48 boxes per page. That causes me to use quite a bit of extra ink. I have contacted TM 2X concerning this problem and still no answer. Once my subscription ends, I too will be switching to the DRF harness form. By the way, does anyone know what these VR symbols are supposed to accomplish? For me, they do nothing.

thespaah
05-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Just recently I had posted about my problem with the video replay symbols. I can see the dates, but each video replay symbol prints out as a small black box, which means approximately 48 boxes per page. That causes me to use quite a bit of extra ink. I have contacted TM 2X concerning this problem and still no answer. Once my subscription ends, I too will be switching to the DRF harness form. By the way, does anyone know what these VR symbols are supposed to accomplish? For me, they do nothing.
DRF uses a better font and format.
I stopped using trackmaster myself

wilderness
05-13-2012, 11:38 PM

Yours was the earlier reference I made.

I've two pages from tonight's USTA/Trackmaster FREE Balmoral's.

1) Page one using the Foxit PDF software (page and all lines printed fine).
2) Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (full version) page and all lines printed fine.

Hope this helps.

SchagFactorToWin
05-14-2012, 12:15 PM
I had the same blackout problems with the dates and video link. I contacted FoxIt and was told to try:
Tools/Preferences/Accessibility then check Replace Document Colors/Custom Color: white background/black text.

This solved the date problem but not the video black box problem. (But I don't use the video link nor do I print the pages.)

wilderness
05-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Many thanks Schag.

This didn't work in Foxit for me.
I'm not using the most recent version, however it's not too old.

LottaKash
05-14-2012, 01:50 PM
I too, had the same problem (the blackouts) for a short while...Now, please keep in mind that I subscribe to the Trackmaster "PACE" past performances edition of the sheets....The "Pace" Past Performances give you, imo, the most bang for your buck....They have numbers that I just couldn't live without these days, and importantly as well, they have a feature that allows you to (free) to just click on the date of "any" racing date of interest, and "voila" it asks you for permission to go to the Trackmaster website (free) and it go there and it will give you the "CHART" for that specific race/date.....Fantastic feature I think....Of course if you are only subscribing to the normal workaday past performances, you will not enjoy that particular feature....There are "angles" that I use that require looking back to the charts for a race, and this feature makes it oh-so ez to accomplish that easily and handily....

Back to the problem....It all started when "Foxit" came out with the new edition of their "Free-Reader", so I downloaded it and somehow that feature got mucked up....And "Foxit" (my reader of use and choice) wouldn't allow me to view the dates for both the "charts" and the Replays (which are not free), as "NOW" they were both blacked out....I found a workaround to remove them eventually, but it required a tedious page by page manual deletion of the mysterious "black boxes".....So to remedy that (for good), I simply went to the Foxit page, and I upgraded to a later version that adressed that issue as well as some other bug-fixes....It did the trick...

Now everything is ok with my "Pace Past Performances"...I can view them, link them to the charts, and printing is without the black boxes....

Perhaps that is what is happening to others as well...

best,

wilderness
05-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks Kash.

What version of Foxit are you using?

LottaKash
05-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks Kash.

What version of Foxit are you using?

Don, ...." 5.3 "....

best,

mrroyboy
05-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Welcome back John

Everybody missed you

wilderness
05-14-2012, 02:35 PM
My version was 5.0.1,

downloaded 5.3, however not sure when I'll install it.

Thanks again.

Charlie
05-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Yours was the earlier reference I made.

I've two pages from tonight's USTA/Trackmaster FREE Balmoral's.

1) Page one using the Foxit PDF software (page and all lines printed fine).
2) Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (full version) page and all lines printed fine.

Hope this helps.

I also use adobe acrobat 5.0 and this always worked just fine, that is until recently. Now when printing Trackmaster's basic past performances, all the info is there including the dates, but all the VR symbols which show up as blue on the screen print out as little black boxes. Like I said previously ~48 per page. Maybe I should update to adobe's 8.0 version and hopefully this does the trick. I don't utilize these Video replay symbols and for me, there nothing but a waste of ink.

Sea Biscuit
05-14-2012, 06:35 PM
My version was 5.0.1,

downloaded 5.3, however not sure when I'll install it.

Thanks again.

I had an earlier version of Foxit Pdf reader and had the same problems as you.

Switched over to Foxit 5.3 and works just fine.

David Siegel
05-18-2012, 10:13 AM
All:

This is the first time I recall posting to this forum, but in the interest of feedback, I thought it made sense to do so. We fully recognize the issue that has been brought up in this thread. The issue is/was clearly browser-version specific, and in some browsers, a "setting" exists to turn link boxes on or off. We explored the issue and discovered that a later version of our PDF-generating software resulted in the issue becoming far less frequent. For example, my PDF reader is "Nitro". With Nitro, I always saw these link boxes. After we upgraded all of our PDF-makers to a later version of our PDF-generating software, the Nitro problem went away. This upgrade occurred last week some time. So for most of you, the problem should not exist. That said, in experimenting with the new iPPs by Equibase iPad all, there is a setting in a reader called "Good Reader" where the user controls whether or not these boxes show up. Our research thus far has not resulted in a way that we could always override such a setting.

So, in sum, for most users, the problem should be gone. For some, there still could be a setting. We would love your input if you still see an issue. To help us solve this given the myriad of hardware and PDF-readers out there, please email us THE SPECIFICS (e.g. hardware, reader, reader version, and file of ours you are reading) to info@trackmaster.com and we will see if we can figure out any pattern of remaining issues.

David Siegel
President, TrackMaster