Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TVG Bashers Rejoice! (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74218)

BombsAway Bob 08-17-2010 12:46 PM

TVG Bashers Rejoice!

"Zero Tolerance Tuesday" & "The Handicapsule" has been replaced..
with "Simulcast Tuesday" & the WORST crappy Pseudo-Rock from
the 80's & 90's I've heard since being trapped on The Mohawk Trail
with only 2FM stations to choose from!

Lasix67 08-17-2010 01:12 PM

Really doesn't bother me either way......Just show more races and I'm good. Just wonder what TVG is saving in payroll as opposed to the ASCAP fee :)

Beachbabe 08-17-2010 01:32 PM

I think it sucks.
Rich Perloff was the only guy I liked on TVG. No bulls**t; a good handicapper; and intelligent.

And the music REALLY BLOWS.

lamboguy 08-17-2010 02:09 PM

great choice of music today. gotta hand it tvg they try hard!

i went back to tvg for today, and if they have the same format i will comeback agains

horses4courses 08-17-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachbabe
I think it sucks.
Rich Perloff was the only guy I liked on TVG. No bulls**t; a good handicapper; and intelligent.

And the music REALLY BLOWS.

Fully agree.
Rich was the only reason I would ever watch on Mon/Tues.
I seldom bet on those days, but it was fun to listen.
He'll still strengthen their Wed-Sun shows.

Good luck!

lamboguy 08-17-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses
Fully agree.
Rich was the only reason I would ever watch on Mon/Tues.
I seldom bet on those days, but it was fun to listen.
He'll still strengthen their Wed-Sun shows.

Good luck!

i'm glad he makes someone happy. i guess that is what makes a horseracing market. if everyone liked the same things the world would be a very boring place. in real life perloff is probably a great guy, on television all he is, is a mindless robot paper reader. so if you like that, perloff is your man.

JBmadera 08-17-2010 02:25 PM

I guess I do not understand their business model: one guy doing all tracks on mon/tues ( I like rich and sarge) is replaced with music, however they still run with 3+ guys for one track....seems like they are cutting costs in the wrong area. one person covering/showing all tracks and keeping us updated on all changes, just like if we were at the track, makes the most sense to me

they must measure handle/profit per shift and make their decisions based on that, correct?

Beachbabe 08-17-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
i'm glad he makes someone happy. i guess that is what makes a horseracing market. if everyone liked the same things the world would be a very boring place. in real life perloff is probably a great guy, on television all he is, is a mindless robot paper reader. so if you like that, perloff is your man.

His voice might be mellow; he doesn't go ballistic when he picks a winner or loser........but "mindless" ???

There's quite a bit of "mindless" on both TVG & HRTV, but I wouldn't put Perloff in that group.

Tom 08-17-2010 02:37 PM

Perloff was good - he didn't fit the TVG model! :D

I like no boobs talking and just music.

speed 08-17-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBmadera
I guess I do not understand their business model: one guy doing all tracks on mon/tues ( I like rich and sarge) is replaced with music, however they still run with 3+ guys for one track....seems like they are cutting costs in the wrong area. one person covering/showing all tracks and keeping us updated on all changes, just like if we were at the track, makes the most sense to me

they must measure handle/profit per shift and make their decisions based on that, correct?

Was posting the exact same content. Makes 2 much sense :)

JBmadera 08-17-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed
Was posting the exact same content. Makes 2 much sense :)

how funny.....:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage 08-17-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombsAway Bob
"Zero Tolerance Tuesday" & "The Handicapsule" has been replaced..

Permanently? No rejoicing here...

JustRalph 08-17-2010 03:01 PM

is this a permanent change ? I don't have TVG anymore, but Perloff was the best thing they had

David-LV 08-17-2010 03:07 PM

With the football season starting it is hard to believe that Betfair can't afford at least one person to cover the TVG shows on Monday & Tuesday.

How cheap can you get? :confused::confused:

________
David-LV

Beachbabe 08-17-2010 03:14 PM

The music, the first time around was bad enough; now they're playing the same stuff over again !! YIKES.

Another lesson on how to introduce new players to the world of horseracing & handicapping !!

:bang: