Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Israeli Election (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151478)

elysiantraveller 04-09-2019 03:15 PM

Israeli Election

Going to come down to the wire in Israel.

Reports are a bit all over and Exit Polls have been wrong in the past but it looks like the Likud party and the right coalition may be in trouble or we could be heading to a 60-60 Knesset... which makes forming a government... interesting.

TJDave 04-09-2019 03:44 PM

60/60 would not happen. There are three major political parties, or coalitions: Likud, Blue/White and Labor. None have anywhere close to the 61 required to govern. Whoever wins a plurality will be asked to form a government with the others or outlier parties. Likud and Blue/White are currently running neck and neck.

elysiantraveller 04-09-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2450808)
60/60 would not happen. There are three major political parties, or coalitions: Likud, Blue/White and Labor. None have anywhere close to the 61 required to govern. Whoever wins a plurality will be asked to form a government with the others or outlier parties. Likud and Blue/White are currently running neck and neck.

Exits show Blue and White ahead in 2 out of 3 and tied in 1.

Going to be an interesting finish and forming a coalition will be tough depending on which parties can get to the threshold for seats.

TJDave 04-09-2019 04:11 PM

Benny Gantz, the leader of Blue/White has said he will not form a coalition with Bibi but I’d bet he would. ;)

Of course, there is always a possibility that Netanyahu could form a government.

elysiantraveller 04-09-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2450814)
Benny Gantz, the leader of Blue/White has said he will not form a coalition with Bibi but I’d bet he would. ;)

Of course, there is always a possibility that Netanyahu could form a government.

May not have to... interesting to see how it shakes out.

TJDave 04-09-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2450818)
May not have to... interesting to see how it shakes out.

Yeah, except the other way. Looks like the Likud block has enough to govern.

elysiantraveller 04-09-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2450823)
Yeah, except the other way. Looks like the Likud block has enough to govern.

Doesn't it depend on who the President picks to try and go first?

Bribes come out.

TJDave 04-09-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2450828)
Doesn't it depend on who the President picks to try and go first?

Bribes come out.

President’s discretion. Doubtful about bribes, though. Israel’s President is a Likud party member but he and Netanyahu are not friends.

elysiantraveller 04-09-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2450833)
President’s discretion. Doubtful about bribes, though. Israel’s President is a Likud party member but he and Netanyahu are not friends.

Well for cabinet seats it would have to be pretty easy to entice a minority party to flip I would imagine.

TJDave 04-09-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elysiantraveller (Post 2450834)
Well for cabinet seats it would have to be pretty easy to entice a minority party to flip I would imagine.

Yeah, I thought you meant bribing the President. :)

Anything is possible. Netanyahu’s chief of staff was convicted of a long list of crimes including bribery and Netanyahu himself is to be charged later this year. One of Israel’s Presidents was convicted of rape, Chief Rabbis of graft, etc. so...
anything :lol:

elysiantraveller 04-09-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2450838)
Yeah, I thought you meant bribing the President. :)

Anything is possible. Netanyahu’s chief of staff was convicted of a long list of crimes including bribery and Netanyahu himself is to be charged later this year. One of Israel’s Presidents was convicted of rape, Chief Rabbis of graft, etc. so...
anything :lol:

Going to come down to the BW/Likud plurality I would imagine. Whoever takes it forms the government... or at least gets first dibs.

jocko699 04-09-2019 07:03 PM

Bibi wins!!!!

elysiantraveller 04-09-2019 10:56 PM

95% counted.

Likud and Blue/White parties tied at 35 seats. The New Right Party may not get the number of votes needed to earn seats though hindering the ability for Likud to lead and form a new government.

jocko699 04-09-2019 11:01 PM

Nope, Bibi wins and the government will form.

horses4courses 04-09-2019 11:15 PM

I win....I win.....

Not much difference with Israeli MSM compared to ours.
Right wing sources have their guy on top.
Neutrals still making it too close to call.

Go figure......:rolleyes:

I'm sure Trump is just itching to phone and congratulate his good buddy.