Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tucker Carlson is the GOAT (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158061)

PaceAdvantage 05-15-2020 03:34 AM

Tucker Carlson is the GOAT

davew 05-15-2020 09:55 AM

racist and dangerous to the public health to show this

youtube will probably delete this as propaganda

highernote 05-15-2020 07:32 PM

I canceled my cable TV and rarely get to see this shows. They're not news shows. They're opinion shows. But what cracks me up is they constantly promote each other's shows by telling the viewer how bad the opponent is. Their job is to pander to their audience while making sure they give free publicity to the opposite opinion. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.:coffee:

thaskalos 05-15-2020 07:52 PM

Blatant sarcasm is for twitter...not for the national newscasts. But...what can we expect when "entertainment" masquerades as 'News'. David Brinkley and Walter Cronkite must be rolling in their graves. :ThmbDown:

Poindexter 05-15-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2603098)
Blatant sarcasm is for twitter...not for the national newscasts. But...what can we expect when "entertainment" masquerades as 'News'. David Brinkley and Walter Cronkite must be rolling in their graves. :ThmbDown:

Why? Everybody has to have the same style? His sarcasm is great and drives the point across. I like it.

46zilzal 05-15-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Blatant sarcasm is for twitter...not for the national newscasts. But...what can we expect when "entertainment" masquerades as 'News'. David Brinkley and Walter Cronkite must be rolling in their graves.

Absolutely

thaskalos 05-15-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poindexter (Post 2603124)
Why? Everybody has to have the same style? His sarcasm is great and drives the point across. I like it.

I wasn't talking just about him...I was talking about "News" in general. These aren't "newscasters"...these are would-be comedians. How dumb must we be if we need Tucker Carlson or Anderson Cooper to "decipher" the news for us. These are deadly-serious times...and these guys can't even maintain a serious tone of voice when they address the public. Carlson sounds as if he is joking with his buddies in that clip.

AndyC 05-15-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Since when has Tucker Carlson been advertised as a newsman? It's more like analysis and opinion about the news. Sarcasm is a great way to get his point across in a town where politicians stand up with a straight face and lie to the people on a daily basis.

jk3521 05-15-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2603129)
I wasn't talking just about him...I was talking about "News" in general. These aren't "newscasters"...these are would-be comedians. How dumb must we be if we need Tucker Carlson or Anderson Cooper to "decipher" the news for us. These are deadly-serious times...and these guys can't even maintain a serious tone of voice when they address the public. Carlson sounds as if he is joking with his buddies in that clip.

I miss the deadpan delivery of Huntley/Brinkley.

garyscpa 05-15-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyC (Post 2603132)
Since when has Tucker Carlson been advertised as a newsman? It's more like analysis and opinion about the news. Sarcasm is a great way to get his point across in a town where politicians stand up with a straight face and lie to the people on a daily basis.

You mean a Botox face.

thaskalos 05-15-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyC (Post 2603132)

Yeah...but if you believe Tucker Carlson...only HALF the politicians are lying. :rolleyes:

Jeff P 05-15-2020 09:13 PM

In an ideal world, both sides (Fox and CNN) would be reporting about Georgia reopening and the data for Georgia since that state reopened in much the same way Walter Cronkite would have.

Sadly, the world we live in is anything but ideal.

Imo, the mainstream media was a bit too enthusiastic about 'reporting' the impending mushroom cloud that was surely about to happen in Georgia.

But now that three weeks have passed since Georgia reopened and the data for Georgia has actually been ok, the mainstream media is still 'reporting' about the virus.

For example, in the last 24 hours they were all over a story about a nail salon owner in Oklahoma who became infected with the virus.

Yet at the same time, they've been strangely quiet about Georgia.

My sincere hope is that the data for Georgia continues trending in the right direction.

I say because if the data for Georgia continues trending in the right direction:

THAT would suggest there's a light at the end of this tunnel many of us find ourselves in.

-jp

AndyC 05-15-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2603138)
Yeah...but if you believe Tucker Carlson...only HALF the politicians are lying. :rolleyes:

I have heard Tucker call out both sides albeit more on the left than the right. I don't find him to be blatantly partisan like Hannity or Ingraham.

AndyC 05-15-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyscpa (Post 2603136)
You mean a Botox face.

Touché!

mountainman 05-15-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2603138)

brilliant post..never has biased news commentary been more succinctly defined as absolute nonsense