Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   And there it is....(Derby trainer comment, political) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170500)

Brisk Urging 05-09-2022 07:33 AM

And there it is....(Derby trainer comment, political)

https://twitter.com/BklynBckstretch/...217600/photo/1

If you think it’s too good to be true…

His account is now private.

dilanesp 05-09-2022 12:19 PM

I both don't share Reed's politics AND think the comment is obviously quite offensive.

But I will say this. I am inclined to cut a lot more slack to someone who had no idea 4 months ago that he was about to be famous. He was just an unknown person cracking tasteless jokes on Twitter. We don't go after every rando who makes an offensive statement. And then he does something amazing and becomes famous. So he correctly takes his Twitter account private.

I just think there's nothing to see here when you think about it in those terms.

Brisk Urging 05-09-2022 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2803473)
I both don't share Reed's politics AND think the comment is obviously quite offensive.

But I will say this. I am inclined to cut a lot more slack to someone who had no idea 4 months ago that he was about to be famous. He was just an unknown person cracking tasteless jokes on Twitter. We don't go after every rando who makes an offensive statement. And then he does something amazing and becomes famous. So he correctly takes his Twitter account private.

I just think there's nothing to see here when you think about it in those terms.

Agree.

Onesome 05-09-2022 03:58 PM

Doesn't work like that anymore, expect a groveling interview/apology on the Preakness cast or get eviscerated by NBC

the little guy 05-09-2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onesome (Post 2803507)
Doesn't work like that anymore, expect a groveling interview/apology on the Preakness cast or get eviscerated by NBC

Right. Lots of apologizing from the Right.

HorsemenHeist 05-09-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2803513)
Right. Lots of apologizing from the Right.

Yup because the left has never ruined lives because of old tweets some might find shocking. Have they checked Reed's high school yearbook?

the little guy 05-09-2022 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorsemenHeist (Post 2803530)
Yup because the left has never ruined lives because of old tweets some might find shocking. Have they checked Reed's high school yearbook?

As usual, politics is always good in this room. I was making that point. Thanks for helping.

Track Phantom 05-09-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk Urging (Post 2803398)
https://twitter.com/BklynBckstretch/...217600/photo/1

If you think it’s too good to be true…

His account is now private.

Really? Who cares. We have GOT to stop bending over backwards to find reasons to be offended. Off-handed, stupid comment. Big deal.

Tom 05-09-2022 07:59 PM

Freedom of speech, suck it up.
Nothing to do with the races, in fact, the owner himself has nothing to do with the races. I just want his horse to suck up a lot money in 2 weeks. :cool:

boxcar 05-10-2022 09:08 AM

Someone asked Rich Strike if he'd like to go to the White House to visit Joe Biden. The horse responded: If I wanted to see a horse's ass I wouldn't have passed all those asses in the Derby to finish first. :coffee:

Tom 05-10-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 2803617)
Someone asked Rich Strike if he'd like to go to the White House to visit Joe Biden. The horse responded: If I wanted to see a horse's ass I wouldn't have passed all those asses in the Derby to finish first. :coffee:

Bingo! :lol:

Fred Mertz 05-10-2022 10:45 AM

I heard...

...that she was good on her knees too.

PaceAdvantage 05-10-2022 10:54 AM

Making fun of politicians used to be fair game in this country.

Now, if you make fun of the WRONG politician (especially if you're in the public eye), you risk your career, your social standing, basically everything.

Welcome to North Korea/China light.

PaceAdvantage 05-10-2022 11:26 AM

Apparently, our new societal norms say you're supposed to be outrageously offended when you insult a female politician in an offensive way...however, it's still ok to call female Republican politicians ****s and black Republicans Uncle Toms...

The left knows how to set a high bar, obviously.

jocko699 05-10-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2803631)
Making fun of politicians used to be fair game in this country.

Now, if you make fun of the WRONG politician (especially if you're in the public eye), you risk your career, your social standing, basically everything.

Welcome to North Korea/China light.

Because she's a black female American she's off limits.