Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 12:04 PM   #143
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
im starting to think that there are very few horse players on this board its comprized mostly of people that are employed by the tracks or adw s or other people that have something to sell to bad horseracing a dying game
There are many horse players on PA. However, if you define a horse player as a someone who makes his/her living solely from betting on horse racing, probably not because (has been stated many times in various threads) there are better ways to make a living and most of the people who rely on wagering for their sole source of income fly under the radar.

As to "horse racing is a dying game" this is just your opinion, the same as "XYZ is killing the game." It is a valid opinion but an opinion nevertheless as it is not provable. I have a completely different opinion. I would not say "thriving" but certainly not dead.

It is my opinion if the sport of racing dies, either at a particular track, or in a particular state, or overall (the latter being highly unlikely) it will be because of an extrinsic event or events. Some examples of this are societal shifts in attitude about animal welfare, about gambling (prohibition, albeit unlikely but it happened previously), or war.

Last edited by ubercapper; 05-10-2021 at 12:06 PM.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)