Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #15
beertapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
Our track hired a professional gambler this season, F.R. who puts out a daily (very good one too) tip sheet under the moniker of The Professor.

An open minded very knowledgeable fellow, who, follows a philosophy of LATERAL THINKING (de Bono), and, as such, looks where others don't. He uses HTR software so we have a good time comparing out comes. We are often very close.

He believes, like I do, that so much CAN and OFTEN DOES happen between the gate and the wire, that one has to cover the various possibilities. He doesn't wager vertically that often beyond exactas because "When it comes to the horses underneath, the number of possibilities, particularly in a super, become so outrageous and often illogical, that covering those bets takes a hefty bank roll and a bit of luck." He does delve into the occasional trifecta and the exacta is often a back up for him.

He is trying to get me interested in his specialty, the horizontal bet, particularly the pick 4. Strangely, he finds, that it is easier to find the winners in all legs than entering the REQUIRED large number of horses underneath when wagering vertically. Hence, he substantiates my philosophy, to consider a substantial number of horses to cover the under side of the trifecta. "You will never get the big ones unless you include the often illogical horses underneath."

His base Pick 4 bet goes like this. A is his first choice and B are his secondary choices.

The tickets are listed horizontally in this chart and the horses numbers in each position are listed vertically. Total cost $114.00
interesting..saw the sheet advertised when i was at hastings, but didn't think much of it... will check it out next time.

tickets look like crist et al. method..

Last edited by beertapper; 09-04-2010 at 07:31 PM.
beertapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)