Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #595
usedtolovetvg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhead
As to the actual money flow, the money doesn't actually go back to the home track on a race by race basis. They settle up with each other once a week or something, and net everything out, is my understanding.

At the end of the day, let's say takeout is 26% in NY and you bet it from Cali.

You bet at simulcast, they are going to net out and effectively send something like 3% back to NYRA. The rest goes to the state, purses, and track revenues. Large amount of NYRAs handle comes from simulcast.

You bet with an ADW, they are going to net out and effectively send something like 8% back to NYRA. The rest of it, some goes to source market fees (other tracks), some goes to the state, some goes to rebates or whatever, the rest to ADW revenues. Large amount of NYRAs handle comes from ADW.

$8.5 million is how much extra NYRA's screw up cost their bettors, for those bets they made, but that money didn't all go back to NYRA.
Thanks. That is clearing my confusion. I thought the host track got a greater % of the simulcasting revenue. I would like to see the agreements that NYRA has with both ADWs and simulcasting outlets. I am very interested in seeing how that 25/26% breaks down. Even by your reckoning though, it seems that NYRA would be getting a nice chunk of what was bet out of State. So they would have made much more than just the $1 million that they hosed from New Yorkers.

Last edited by usedtolovetvg; 05-19-2012 at 01:55 AM.
usedtolovetvg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.