Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #13
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
I voted no. HANA is at least equal to industry management in a lack of vision, while it is more narrow-minded. It does more to keep the average person away from the sport, then it does to bring them in or win them over.
I must respectfully disagree with you JL.

Although I have yet to see any track do more than pay lip service to HANA - one exec told me that in private the group is referred to as HAHA - I recognize that the only hope on the horizon IS HANA.

Granted, they have no clout now - but let them get to 20,000 members and it could well be a different story.

Remember that AARP must have only had 100 members at some time in its history. Look at them today.

HANA is a "startup network." The first 100 members were probably the hardest. Getting to 1,000 members will be easier but still difficult. It is the jump from 1,000 to 10,000 that will tell all. If they can make that level, they will just spiral upward from there.

Imagine the "horseplayer good" that could be accomplished with 50,000 members! There won't be any HAHA-ing at that point.

HANA, I wish you will.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PS: Oh, and you do seem somewhat bitter.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.