Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 10:57 PM   #82
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Yes I understand that your getting younger as you go, but at some point tasks you would normally do might be better for someone really good at running the show to let you think of new business that you obviously don't need.

I tried putting my brain in a younger person's body as I saw the writing on the wall, I was unable to do that. I do not hunt as I won't kill Bambi, I get my meat at the grocery store. I am a lousy fisherman and had to give up golf because of multiple back operations. I do not see how Tiger plays, I bet he gets injections and is loaded up the wazoo. Everything is paid for so I can get away with not even working full time. Longevity for males does not run in the family, I think I can work till I keel over.

I strangely seem to live in a technological desert, there aren't many machine shops that are in this century. Most have little automation and support services are far away and expensive. The only plater in a 70 mile radius charges ridiculous rates, they have a minimum lot charge of almost $300, that is more than triple what I paid a little over 12 years ago in SoCal.
No baloney, businesses here still advertise in the yellow pages and don't have websites. In some ways here it is 1984.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.