Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Laurel Park
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 08:07 PM   #12
racenomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
Whenever I'm at Laurel I always go to the paddock to watch the horses saddle. I like Laurel, but the crowds are always bigger at Pimlico and even Timonium. The majority of the farms and racing fans are in northern Baltimore County and Harford County. All of the big steeplechase races are in Baltimore and Harford county. Most of the people who enjoy a day at the track are closer to Pimlico and Timonium. There are many farms with dressage and show jumpers filled with off track thoroughbreds in those areas. My lady friend and her daughter have 3 jumpers. Their favorite time at the track is Black Eyed Susan Day. If given the chance they would go to the track more often if Pimlico has more dates. Everyone thinks Laurel would be a better draw because it's between Baltimore and DC. Only problem is most of the people drawn to racing are on the other side of Baltimore. The trip to Pimlico is 15 minutes to 1/2 hours. The drive to Laurel is an hour to an hour and half.
Maybe I’ll be able to get to Timonium this September

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.