Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 10:45 AM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Given your multiple rants above...did you ever establish whether the $90,000 was some sort of valid cost?

Or are you saying he's lying about the $90,000? If so, I'm sure there would be many "fact-checkers" out there saying it didn't cost the Gov't $90,000.

So if it did cost the gov't $90,000, you're defending that price? It's kind of hard to tell with all your other stuff going on in those posts.

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Yes, it made me blow a gasket, one of my pet peeves is people who act knowledgeable on a subject they do not know squat about. He also insulted me, my fellow tradesman, and anyone that has to navigate the crap to do DOD work.

To answer your question is YES, I 100% believe those parts did not cost anywhere near $90,000. I would estimate closer to $2,000.

A bunch of media idiots have ran with Walz's claim that bag should cost $100 and are now spreading it like the truth. Those are likely grade 5 titanium which is very pricey unless you get a large mill run. That bag represents probably about $250 of titanium round rod, in small volumes it cost about $200 a pound.

The problem is to fact check, you would need either the company that made them to come forward, or have Waltz provide that information, then you need someone with DOD Defense Logistics Information website access.

You then can look up the procurement history of those parts. It will show Cage Code (That identifies the manufacturer) delivery date, quantity and cost each. All of those things will vary, the pricing bounces up and down with the the economy. A lot of people falsely believe it is easy high paying work so during a manufacturing down turn you get a lot of new contractors
that not only are desperate for work have no idea what they are getting themselves into and will price themselves way too low.

This is not a situation where Eye Witness News can easily investigate. It would take connections and someone knowledgeable of DOD DLI paperwork and procedures. That would be me if I get good internet and all my clearances are still valid, if some have expired I could get them back, as unlike on websites where liberals hang out I have no infractions to my name. I had a 100% on time delivery and quality rating with zero paperwork violations.

I will keep an eye on this story, if no one pursues that has the right tools I may assemble a team and do it myself. I consider what Waltz did a major atrocity. Call out politicians and government agencies all you want, but do it with solid facts, not lies. My "team" will be me and the ex-girlfriend, since

she is an ex high level fed employee, still knows people and the system, I am sure she can point me in the right direction.

Usually she tells me I get too riled up and let it pass, but when I tell her I want to give a Republican hell she will be 100% on board.

Sorry about not providing just a yes or no, the following turned it into an essay question:

I'm sure there would be many "fact-checkers" out there saying it didn't cost the Gov't $90,000.

Even though I did say low bidder gets the job if no one like me opened that solicitation and just those scared shitless of titanium made a $90,000 bid the lowest, it would not be accepted. There are standards where they try not to pay more than a set percentage over the previous high procurement price. If a $90,000 bid was the lowest all bidders would be notified to re-submit at a lower price if still interested and they would also contact everyone in the procurement history that did not bid and ask for a submission of a bid.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)