Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #148
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideThePylons-MW View Post
I've been watching lifetime losers posing as and believing they are wagering experts lure new customers to the cliff and then throw them over repeatedly for 30 years....All these wagering experts believe they are experts because they convinced some moron who knows nothing about wagering to hire them and pay them to be wagering experts.

I'm sorry if I don't want to stand at the bottom of the canyon watching customer after customer falling to their death and me saying "excuse me Mr. or Mrs. Wagering Expert...could you pretty please not throw racing's customers over the cliff any more....thank you"
I honestly don't have a problem with your delivery. I am cut from the same cloth you are and I know the racing industry is a very kiss ass industry. I call it as I see it and honestly don't care if I offend anyone or everyone. I just think the problem in this game is not that racing shows are promoting pick 4's and pick 5's, by broadcasters, some of whom have suspect handicapping abilities.

That being said, and I assume you agree with me, the problem in this game is rebates and and excessive takeout. For the the world's greatest handicapper (and I denoted that title you) to be getting double digit rebates in some exotic pools while joe public gets no rebates because they live in the wrong state or do not bet enough money is the reason this game doesn't grow. It just shifts from public money to whale money. Guys like you bet more and win more (and I am not blaming you, you are doing what you should do) meanwhile the money comes from somewhere (the non rebated masses-who increasingly have no chance to beat this game). Thus the reason I said this game is broken.

But as I alluded to earlier, if you really think that you are able to turn losing players into winning players sans rebate, do it. You have a twitter following. Rather than spend half the day talking about Peter Lurie, donate one track a day of the many I assume you cap and play each day. Cap it, give your strategies, explain why you made those decisions and let you followers learn from the best. Word will get out and suddenly Peter Lurie's picks will be falling on deaf ears. Problem solved. But be careful what you wish for because the better your competition gets the harder it will be for you to print money.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom