Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:35 AM   #93
jamey1977

Can Say That Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
The handicapping authors are partly to blame for the misfortunes of the players, IMO.

Since their main motive is to sell as many books as possible...they downplay the inherent difficulties of this game...making it appear a lot easier than it really is.

Outrageous claims, and carefully chosen race examples, make these authors look like geniouses...and, as a result, beginning players copy their playing methods, and head to the track with very unrealistic expectations.

Our game comes equipped with heartbreaking losses, and head-spinning losing streaks...and the only players who profit, are the ones who have learned how to win the ongoing battle against their own emotions.

Unfortunately...that knowledge can take many years to aquire...and cannot be taught in any book.
This game sucks. I tried to win half at 6 dollars. In my tests. I can't. Too many variables. Wow. I can make 1000 rules and still lose. I have tested the overlays. In my overlay tests with just 15 rules. Not 1000. It is possible to obtain a 20 to 30 percent profit. It can be done. But damn, in my tests. I did runs for 3 months, on 3 circuits at the same time. New York, North. And South Calif. I play all 3. I got the plays out but the losing streaks were awful. I lost 13 in a row over 3 days. I mean how the hell is someone going to take that ? . And you wait for races for your race and you bet your horse and the other contender comes in.! It just comes to the point. We are setting ourselves up to get our butts kicked. The Overlays can turn a profit. It can be done. Overlay was right. He gets Kudos from me. Winning Half at 6 dollars. Not In This Life.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.