Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #102
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R
Slow is a relative term. Yes, it was the fastest Belmont since 2001 on a fast surface. Meanwhile, Honor Code ran the 6th fastest Met Mile in 120 years, Wedding Toast set the stakes record in the Phipps and March ran the 5th fastest Woody Stephens in its 30-year history. The track was blazing fast all day. It doesn't detract from American Pharoah's performance but the time was consistent with a strongly speed-carrying surface. It will be interesting to see how the speed figure organizations view it. I thought it was about 1 1/2 to 2 lengths better than par for the race.

The Met Mile was a more interesting race than the Belmont Stakes, in my opinion. I just saw the replay. Honor Code was perfectly suited for that pace scenario.

Have you made a Performance Figure for the Belmont Stakes and the rest of the card, yet?
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)