Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 07:23 PM   #13
equusvates

Scoring angles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
Interested to see with the amount of Handicapping Angles i.e. Tom Ainslee and those created in terms Form Patterns. Software that calibrates these angles based on data (that I understand thus software programs are built to recognize the running lines and codes that have been designed to reflect the future probability of a victory for a horse in a race.

Thus, the development of Speed, Pace and Class, to Trip and a running line. My question is if you were not a coder and the old style of reading a past performance and the spidey senses give you that yes...from my past feelings that this horse has a chance. So this part is a joke, I have decided to hook up my brain ala EA games to my computer and simulate those thoughts into the past performances. I have spoken to people about inputting a score for each angle but forget it, there are way too many to put into a spreadsheet that may or may not give you a good estimate based on these principles that have been engraved into the game and then others continue to find there are more.

I took Ray Talbots old style scoring list as well as added some of my own factors or angles I have learned like Advanced Form Pattern Recognitions. etc.

The question or the combined question I have is "Does anyone have a scoring style that is accurate or should a past performance page via running lines be thrown out the window... Just curious, my created Time Card that I created, takes far too long when it comes to clicking through..like "a Stretchout, a Surface Switch, a Cutback, Trainer Switch, 1st Off the Claim.. you get my drift.. Just Curious because I am just about to throw this all out the window... and just go back to reading a past performance with a pen and my notepad..

P.S. particularly due to yesterday and tournament play.... In a 12 race tourney Pick and Pray.. I have 5 horses run... 3rd.... Is the game frustrating absolutely.. I am not gambling right now because I have no job but have enough to play 1 dollar tournaments and I usually hit at least top 5 once a month and there are great players out there but this is worse slop I have ever been...
I use as many angles as I can knowing that they are valid after visually testing for at least a year.I do not run the races through a database screening process because there are too nuances that may excuse the horse in the race. After determining which angles are valid I score for odds lines creation only. For the most part, I just look for which angles have fired and considering pace scenario, form, workouts and connections, decide which horses should be considered for betting. Ray Taulbot angle #26 is almost an automatic. I have over 1000 angles and for the most part 0 to 5 may fire for any horse. Most of my angles are composite angles made up of 2 or more factors. No, you cannot do this by pen and paper.
equusvates is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)