Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Ted Cruz
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #126
GameTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
That all sounds very logical, but that's not what I got out of the article. I came away from it thinking there isn't a much of a chance that any court would rule him ineligible for the presidency and no mainstream people on either side of the aisle would even bother going to court over it. If there was a lawsuit, it would be from some fringe group trying to cause trouble and right or wrong they would lose.
I didn't get that logic from the article (although I have seen it elsewhere), but it seems more fundamental to me. But Cruz is so hated that I guarantee every challenge that can be made will be made, at least if it appears he is going to be the nominee (or is the nominee, or is even elected and it isn't yet settled). But it doesn't look like he has a big chance now, so probably nothing will happen. (And I maintain Cruz is totally unelectable no matter his status.) Anyway, Alan Grayson has already promised to sue, and now here we have an actual suit. Trump may even sue if Cruz becomes a real threat. Or maybe some state will refuse to put him on the ballot, and Cruz will have to sue on his own behalf to prove his case. We'll see...
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.