Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 03:39 PM   #10
wiretowire68

Toughest

thing..I have difficulty and would be interesting in terms of statistics, but anytime I see a jockey/trainer combo in the middle of a meet or a long meet, it is a very difficult statistic to base assumptions on. i.e. like 40% or 50%, hard to trust even a half decent trainer number or a trainer whose percentage is low because they are usually just starting out or not many horses in the barn.

I equate to supply and demand in terms of numbers, So many try to get a few starts in over the winter in Florida, the more horses they run, the more consistent the percentage. It happens at Churchill, Keeneland, GP every year, or even smaller barns coming in from the future defunct Golden Gate.

The obvious stated is why I only use it for dirt sprints or 1 turn and avoid this totally anytime a new meet starts, even worse when it comes to the cheap maiden claimers or low level claimers. Look at New York, Look at the guys who are constant with low percentages. That is why I call it supply and demand, bottom line, more horses better consistent percentages, and we all know that it takes money in order to build your stable and in these economic times, even worse. Clients are the key
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.