Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
DeltaLover

Once again I am frustrated with the rediculous horse racing websites

Since the opening day of the Saratoga meet NYRA's website has been changed (to the worse) breaking all backwards compatibility to any kind of software that was scrapping it.

Naturally my scratches retrieval bots (that have been working unchanged for several years) are failing and this morning that I had some free time I decided to go ahead and fix the problem.

Trying bris, drf, equibase and nyra, I realized out that what was supposed to be a trivial API request is unnecessary complicated requiring an active account and in the case of Bris the starting of the WebTote!

Is is so difficult for those who are running the game to understand that we are no longer in the '80s and many of the horse players need a reliable feed to at least get the changes and the entries?

Why do they have to complicate things that are supposed to be trivial to the extreme?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)