Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 08:04 PM   #1
zico20

Santa Anita Derby

Boy did Baffert screw me by changing out Maymun for Wynstock. In what was a predictable race is now chaos. Two clear betting favorites in Imagination at 8-5 and Stronghold at 9-5.

Curlin's Kaos 20-1 ML Get this horse back in with Cal breds! Was no match for Stronghold last time and won't be again today. TOSS

Tapalo 5-1 ML Dueled with Imagination every step of the way back in December and is working fast for this. Don't like that the jock has never rode him but can give the top two all they can handle. SOLID!

Stronghold 5-2 ML I was all over him in the Sunland Derby and he ran a great race. The advantage he has over Imagination is that he will run his race no matter what unlike Imagination. THE PICK

Imagination 8-5 ML The problem here is that if Wynstock does get the lead he isn't going to challenge him until that one gets passed. Baffert knows Wynstock is a one dimensional horse. This horse has heart and will be tough to keep out of the trifecta.

Wynstock 8-1 ML Without the lead he is a claimer with the lead he can be tough to run down. Just worked 46 flat so expect him to gun it to the lead and hope for the best. I just don't think he can withstand the pressure at this distance. Either put him on top or toss him out of the top three altogether. I lean towards the latter.

Tessuto 10-1 ML Rispoli, his only rider chose the over him. That should be all you need to know. TOSS

McVay 5-1 ML I will streak across a racetrack naked if this one is third choice or 5-1 or below. He has lost to Baffert's Wine Me Up, Maymun, Nysos, Imagination. Still a maiden and they need to drop him into a maiden race that does not have a Baffert horse in it. The trainer is ice cold this meet. Christina Blacker was talking this one up like he was Secretariat, not sure how she came to love him so much last race. TOSS

E J Won the Cup 15-1 ML Has to have the lead and isn't getting it without expending too much energy. Probably runs last! TOSS

The play here is to split the favorites with the or put him on top of the two favorites.
zico20 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)