Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 09:52 AM   #2
capitalman

10/31/2010: During the Saratoga meet on 8/21 I bet a first time starter who got shuffled back on a speed favoring turf course and ended up finishing 5th, a little over 5 lengths back, but after the race galloped out well and went by the winner. Due to some rain that fall, he didn't get into another race until Halloween, closing day at Belmont. In between, many of the horses who ran in the 8/21 race came back & won or ran well-a key race. On 10/31 the trainer was switching to his go-to rider at the time and they had great stats together on 2nd time starters. I can still say to this day, I've never been as confident in a horse winning, & I was waiting over 2 months for him to run back. I went all in on him, putting him in 3 P3s, a P4 & singling him in the P6 as well as win, exactas & trifectas. He won by a neck, coming from off the pace to run down another horse (my 2nd choice which gave me the exacta and trifecta too). I ended up hitting all 3 P3s he was in & the P4, then I hit a small P6. By the end of the day I won more than I ever won before or after. The next day I called up OTB and asked them how to cash all the bets. I had some in tickets & some in my account. I ended up going to their offices & getting 2 checks, one from the account & the other for the tickets I had punched. I put the money in the bank & later that year bought a new car with the winnings. Basically I won a new car that day.
capitalman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)