Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 07:06 PM   #12
statepierback

4th of July 2000. Hollywood Park. There was a maiden race in the middle of the card that drew in a filly I'd been waiting for. Her previous race she engaged in a speed duel then faded to a bet down 6/5 first time starter. The race was much better than line indicated.
I had about $200 at the start of the card. I started betting pick three's singling my best bet. A twelve dollar ticket survived with an eleven dollar winner. I reloaded another $12.00 pick three and some doubles.
Using three picks a horse named "Wall Street Riot" got home at 35/1. I'll always remember that name.
Then came the race I'd been waiting for. I bet win place, exactas, tri's, super's and rolled another pick 3. I was left with about 30 bucks in my pocket as they entered the gate.
I can't remember the Filly's name but it was one word with five letters. She was #5 and ridden by Tyler Baze. On paper she topped the fractional chart and there was only one other speed entered.
She broke on top, She opened three on the back side and arrived one in front as they entered the stretch. She lasted to win by a nose and paid $26.40. My second choice finished in the second slot. I cashed w/p exacta tri and double. Missed the super.
The next race I connected another pick three that began with "Wall Street Riot"
Kent got home with my best result and that Pick 3 was a signer at around five large.
The final working pick three lost. At that time I was working A second job pouring beer at the ball park. As the sun set I arrived into their parking lot. I counted 78 bennies and placed them in my trunk. My co-workers commented I seemed unusually happy the night. I didn't say a word.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)