Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #14
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Seriously, if you think that guy is grossly incompetent because of this, you really don't know what you are talking about. Of course he deserves some blame, nobody is denying this, himself included. However, he is being made a scapegoat for a situation that many should have prevented and for a situation that is being overblown for political purposes.

Yes, he f***ed up, but I really believe we are much better off with Hayward in the sport than we are without him. I guess time will tell.
Listen cj you are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.
By your own admission you say he deserves some blame and " f***ed up."
At no point do you address the degree of blame though and choose to say he was being "scape goated."
See it that way if you want, but I don't.
Whether or not the sport is better off with Hayward than without him is not in dispute at this time.

The fact is he was the CE0 of an organization and responsible for the overseeing of all activities there in. In particular, finances should have been a very high priority item. They are usually paramount in evaluating CEO's worth to a company.

In Hayward's instance, the error that was made was probably several times higher than the annual salary he was paid.
Being party to a financial error of that magnitude leaves little wiggle room except to say he was apparently grossly incompetent in the execution of his duties. If there are other mitigating factors in his favor they will out.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.