Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #649
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I'm not debating right and wrong here but I've noticed something over these 44 pages. Those who live in NYC or the outlying suburbs (and others) have a different take on this than most of the country. Maybe its because we live here and know how the entire political process works.

Just a thought.
I agree with you...but I have noticed something else as well.

The NYRA seems to have some loyal supporters...who are willing to defend it more than other racing jurisdictions get defended.

Look at that article by Noonan...which was introduced here a few pages ago.

He states in one paragraph that his intention is NOT to excuse NYRA in this mess; but in the very same paragraph, he starts with the excuses...

Only $1.1 Million actually went to NYRA, he tells us...and half of that has already been refunded.

We've heard this argument a hundred times already...

As if NYRA is blameless for the other $7.4 Million...that is likely to never be refunded.

California Racing raised the takeouts...and were condemned by all.

NYRA screws the horseplayer in their own way...but finds loyal supporters, willing to extend them the benefit of the doubt.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom