Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Wood Memorial
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 08:55 AM   #21
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday Silent View Post
I hope Deposition is ok and comes back to the races successfully.

I’ve noticed that this year’s Derby field is one of, if not THE, most lightly raced bunch in history. Makes me worry that many of these horses won’t stand up to 10 furlongs next month.
This has been the trend for years now . And like many things in life. Horse racing is no different, people would not want to own up to it or even admit there are changes needed . It’s damn near the “American way “ ……. Problem ….. what problem ? And horse racing excels at that . I’ve brought it up on here for years now . Why do so many horses get injured at this young age and so early in their racing career ? They don’t race but they have to get the hell trained out of them to measure up . Lacking a foundation built on real racing and competition. Rarity to make all three legs , at this point rare to come back in two weeks for Preakness unless you’re the winner . Crying out loud , the trainers are telling you they don’t want to run older stakes and handicap horses without 8-12 week breaks and their sending these younger, greener horses out to race in a Triple Crown chase ?!?! Cmon . It’s almost common sense …… but it isn’t ?

For me saying that there are always goobers that are gonna come out and poo poo that . I’m a realist . No alter realities , sugar coat or blinkers on . Some people don’t want the truth if it punches them in the face . There’s pretending to be done, denial and money to lose .
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom