Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 04:03 PM   #45
Inner Dirt

Would someone who isn't a lying sack of crap Obama and Joe Biden homer like to engage in a knowledgeable debate about the Affordable Care Act? Knowledgeable as in you know information regarding plan coverage, not the typical useless lefty talking points like X,XXX,XXX have health insurance that no longer had it. Of course that ignores the fact that in a lot of instances Bronze and Silver plans which are the least expensive of the 4 are worse than no insurance at all, even if they were free to you. It seems all the Democrats praising the ACA like Cliff Clavin do not use it or are getting heavy subsidies.

Here is why it can be less than no insurance. I was warned by Kaiser in a letter that if my coverage changed in any way I was no longer grandfathered in. That included jumping into a new age bracket or moving. I moved, my insurance went up $1700 a month. I had a 100% coverage plan with token co pays. At the time that was unaffordable and I let it lapse. Two years after rolling with no coverage I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. The GP was cool, he would give me med samples for free and gave me lists of cardiologists and testing facilities that gave deep discounts to the uninsured.

All the meds I ended up prescribed only cost $200 a month. I just threw out a folder of old paid for cash medical bills. The cardiologist who charges insurance $400 for a visit that included an EKG and a stress test charged me $95 if I just saw his nurse practitioner. The ejection fraction tests I paid $250 for the fair price is considered $1100.

If I had a typical Bronze or Silver plan my part of my medical costs out of pocket would be higher than I paid, plus the premiums.

I think I have pissed on most everything Joe Biden said related to politics and done it with indisputable pin point accuracy. That doesn't take much, his dumb, useless senile ass is like the low hanging fruit on my Asian Pear Tree, easy pickings. It will grow fruit on the twigs far from the trunk, the lower ones will almost sag to the ground.

I did not even bag on his odd claim of an over attachment to a town he moved away from at the age of 10.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 04-18-2024 at 04:04 PM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)