Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 01:27 PM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
I know of at least one prediction involving potentially disastrous consequences that turned out to be true.

It was made right here on this site last August as a Category 4 hurricane was traveling up the Baja coast.

Here's a link to page #3 of the thread:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...=177909&page=3

Hurricane Hillary was dragging 35-37 ft waves up the Baja coast as it made its way northward.

See post #32 and post #34.

I predicted:

1. The Cat 4 Hurricane was about to lose significant energy because the eye of the storm would pass over land at the point that juts out into the Pacific near Punta Eugenia and/or Natividad Island just south of Turtle Bay.

2. As soon as that energy was lost, the storm would lose all ability to drag the 30 to 37 ft waves its rotation had been bringing up the Baja coast as it was making its way north.

That was not an easy prediction to post.

Imagine if the storm had shifted 20 miles to the west in the 14 hours between the time I posted and the time it reached the point jutting out into the Pacific at Turtle Bay.

The eye of the storm would have remained over water, and the storm's energy would have stayed largely intact.

The storm would have continued dragging huge waves up the Baja coast as it made its way north.

I would have looked like the world's biggest idiot had that happened.

But I made the post anyway.

The eye of the storm truly was tracking in the direction I predicted, and I saw no other high or low pressure systems visible on radar that could cause the storm to change direction between its (then) position south of Turtle Bay and Los Angeles.

I'm not a meteorologist.

However there are a LOT of REAL meteorologists who can see right through the climate change narrative.
-jp
I think they stand back and look at the radar etc and cheer for the storms to do the most damage. More tv time for these weather types

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)