Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 12:31 PM   #5
wiretowire68

Yes that is interesting

The only two trainers to me that are the most consistent in FTS are usually Baffert or Cox and I guess you can throw Pletcher in at times. It is an interesting idea to use the percentage as score in terms of top percentile of the actual work itself. I have always been a huge believer in 5 Furlong works mixed with 4 Furlong works with either having a bullet or a 101. in change. I used to believe in gate works no matter the work but have slowly learned that sometimes gate works are because the FTS is having issues learning how to load or the trainer believes on "on the job training: and just letting him go.

I appreciate the feedback.. I have experimented in the strt to the 1st call in sprints. And 1st-Call to 2nd Call in routes when it comes to percentages because I generally will take jockey win % for the season with their percentage at either either at sprints and or routes dirt or turf. Generally, though in my constant analysis the ranking I end up with does not have a huge affect as it still ends up speed/class/pace.
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom