Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #14
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I totally agree. People are in dream land or just lying to themselves to even suggest that modern breeding tactics and drugs make these horses more durable . I don’t care how old they are. Then to suggest horses run too much at age 2 ? Are you F’in kidding me???!!! They run maybe 3 times and some of these Derby horses didn’t start until they were 3. Total bs excuse. Let’s see how many defections there are in the next two weeks. Hopefully, the top 20 all make it.

The other thing I don’t think people realize is the top 20 tracks run 86% of the stakes races. In other words Lasix horses are running for 14% of the stakes races. And you can bet your bottom dollar tracks that don’t comply will come under pressure. There could even come threats of downgrade if all of this comes to pass. People seem not to realize that the numbers point to these drugs have not done a God Damn thing to help the breed. They probably have set it back. This has been a crutch and a trap from the start. Why did they crack down on human athletes? Cause it was good for them ? Or did it make people sick and is cheating. Give me a break .
Agree with you except for one thing. (You used the word probably.)
Quote:
"They probably have set it back."

Definitely, absolutely.

Imo, those two words more accurately describe the ongoing damage done to the sport as opposed to probably.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 04-20-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)