Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
wilderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
I had a program that I bought a long time ago that allowed me to copy and paste Bris PDF past performances that Twin Spires gives away to Excel. It wasn't as useful as I hope.
Robert,
FWIW and with today's additional fields in the Tracmaster data, the software would even be less useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchagFactorToWin
I've never been able to get the sub/super script in the running lines to convert properly.
Schag,
I've the same problem in OCRing with small fonts of any nature. Fractions (race times) are difficult in OCR as well.

There is a PDF OCR software, that is quite effective, however it 'taint cheap.
Abbyy FineReader, has a diverse set of fonts for recognition added to their software in which recognition is far more accurate than the OCR software that I use with my scanner. Unfortunately the bloated fonts slows the OCR process down quite a lot.
I've never used Abbyy for tables ( I try to avoid stats at every turn).

Last year I worked with some HS students using the scanner OCR software (same model scanners and software I use daily) and they thought it was slow as molasses.

The key to OCR is in an accumulated supplemental dictionary (topic based), unfortunately there is NOT much room for adding numerals to the dictionary.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)