Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 02:17 PM   #117
jocko699
Resurrectionist

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by statepierback View Post
Many moons ago I was at the local off track betting parlor on a day not unlike today. There was a Stakes race at Turfway Park where the co-favorites appeared on paper a obvious exacta box. Seeking value I hustled to the window and placed the 4,7/4,7/All Trifecta key bet hoping a price would finish third. The bet was made just before the race begun.
The wager was a winning one however the third betting choice finished third. For my sixteen dollar investment the payoff was $17.40 , a profit of $1.40. A win is a win so I bought myself a cup of coffee.
About fifteen minutes later I approached the teller to cash the ticket and make another wager. To my amazement the ticket spun right through and a Go To IRS message appeared. In my haste to get the wager in before post the teller bounced Santa Anita in stead of Turfway Park. The Race at Santa Anita finished 4/7/3 and the payoff was $1750.00 more or less. Had it not been for that cup of coffee and the long line at the concession stand I would have most likely noticed the mistake and cancelled that ticket. No way in the world would I have ever come up with that Santa Anita trifecta on my own.
I approached one of my betting pals "Mitchell" and he cashed the ticket for me.

I learned a long time ago when you bet your money you take your chances.

Bad beats happen. That one Santa Anita Handicap non D.Q. cost me about three dimes in potential winnings.

And there was that one goal line Super Bowl pass ................
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.