Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: HHX program
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 10:44 AM   #29
headhawg
crusty old guy

I still have design decisions to make for the Basic (free) version. I will likely have an export-to-csv feature but I am not sure yet. As I initially posted, the idea behind HHX was to be the spiritual successor to Handifast, but there will be some differences. The output on the screenshot was just fake data to test the display, and the headers in the listview might not reflect the actual factors used in the released version. (DMP stands for Dick Mitchell Power, btw.) All of the ratings will be indexed (normalized, scaled, whatever you want to call it) from 60 to 100 based on Mitchell's idea from Winning Thoroughbred Strategies. Simply described, the best horse rating in each category will get a score of 100 and other horse ratings will be scaled downward from that. Then the scores will be totaled in some magical way that I haven't determined as of yet. As I mentioned, I still have some decisions to make.

I have plans to create other, more "premium" versions if users think that HHX is worthwhile. There will be more options like using the aforementioned indexing system or Fibonacci numbers. Obviously 15 factors is somewhat limiting. Other versions may have around 40 or so factors, and also may include familiar "systems" that have been tweaked to perform better than the original method. A "professional" version will include batch processing so the user can test the profiles s/he created. Will this come to fruition? I don't know; I get distracted by life things a lot, but programming a good handicapping tool has been on my bucket list for a while. It's always nice to read that people still use some of the programs I created like the (very) early version of HHX or my scratch program.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.