Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
Figaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest
The HPI site sucks the big one and the WiFi is spotty at the track, trust me your not alone. I use my own data and tether my iPad with my iPhone, but here is a breakdown of the sweet spots at Woodbine that Ted Craven clued me into....

In past years though, wireless has sometimes been spotty, depending on where you are in the building and where the wireless repeaters are. Favourites restaurant seems to have a nearby repeater so reasonably regular; Finishline bar likewise (they're next to each other). 3rd floor Champions lounge sometimes yes, sometimes no, same with 3rd floor patio.

Thanks for the tips on where the "better" spots for WI-FI are at the track.

The month of April I've had lots of browser issues that specifically have to do with the HPI site only when using at Woodbine. The site goes haywire because of their corporate WI-FI network. I can visit other internet sites no problem from the track, but the most important site I need to use HPI becomes a nightmare.

Really don't have much to complain about when I use the HPI site from home or other free WI-FI hotspots across the GTA. Works pretty good everywhere else, but Woodbine Racetrack. Go figure!

Certainly hope they can fix these problems before June when the really big races this summer starting with the Woodbine Oaks. Last year, the Queen's Plate was so busy that I actually had to watch from the 5th floor. Yes, the 4th and 5th floors they are rarely ever open to the public, but they had to open to accommodate a full house.

When I get a good seat this year at the Queen's Plate, I strictly want to drink my Guinness beers with my friends and sit and watch. In no way do I want to have to leave my seat to use the self-serve terminals when the place is absolutely packed with people fighting to use the machines.
Figaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.