Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 07:35 AM   #109
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
It's probably like their post-mortem database or equine injury database.

"Working with key industry stakeholders, The Jockey Club is committed to assisting in the development of the post-mortem database. "

They don't consider bettors, who fuel the industry with their wagering, to be "key industry stakeholders" is only thing I can figure?

If you try to find the equine injury database: "Information contained in the Equine Injury Database that is not provided on this website is not available to the public. By agreement with the tracks, injury information is provided by the participating racetracks on a confidential basis..."

What is provided on the website is only a 2 line chart, listing the year, and 1 statistical number representing the rate per thousands for each year.

There is no way to do further research or drill down to anything.

I'm sure they are discussing some important things, and making some progress on them, but without access to information there is no way for anyone to track that progress, hold feet to fire, etc.

There is no way for people who are "outsiders" to address the drug safety problem, because you can't track the progress of any of the initiatives like you could a bill going thru Congress with a legislative history......

I assume that this all comes under the "lack of transparency" heading that horseplayers complain about. Like if you're buying a horse to race you may have access to veterinary records. If you're betting the horse in it's next race, you are left in the dark. You are not considered an "investor" in any way shape or form. This is one of the things that is pointed out about HK racing which people like. You do have access to these reports. And, IMHO, you should. Your wager represents an investment.
I agree that the database is generally useless.

But get over the stakeholder thing. Stakeholders are those with financial investments in the sport, in this case the tracks. Buy yourself a track, or even a horse, if you feel so left out. I have an Apple phone but that doesn’t make me an Apple stakeholder.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)