Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #14
46zilzal
velocitician

I have seen some good ones and at GREAT theaters since I grew up close to Hollywood and even got to attend a premiere of a Charlie Chaplin film with Marlon Brando, Sophia Loren and Tippi Hedren at the old Pantages. Those were great old venues like the Chinese, the Egyptian and the Cathay Circle.

In all those times (Other than in Hollywood where the crowd will clap when the director's name comes up on the credits) I witnessed the crowd applaud only after three movies: Rocky, The Natural and my dad who stated a wave of applaud after we saw the great one man show put on film with James Whitmore: Give 'Em Hell Harry. I was really surprised because right after he started to applaud, 6 or more other people joined in with him.....I looked around and most were his age, WWII vets.

Movies are the best entertainment out there but they have lost a lot: particularly good plot, characterizations (you WANTED to see Rocky do well) and I rarely get involved in a character any longer, or surprise.

I learned a lot from my late wife, who, with her sister studied how the director would lead the audience as to who was a MAJOR plot character when they were shown in scenes they really should not have been. IF we watched a tape, she would yell out STOP, scribble on a piece of paper what would eventually happen and damned if she was right often.

or example in The Hunt For Red October, she wrote down: "why is the director showing us the lowly cook on the submarine? He turned out to the a saboteur who messed up the drive we found out later

Last edited by 46zilzal; 10-22-2021 at 08:06 PM.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)