Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Florida Derby
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 10:15 AM   #5
classhandicapper

I don't know what to make of Fierceness.

I thought his first start, while impressive, was probably aided a bit by a track that was kind to speed and where some of the margins may have been exaggerated late in the day by the off track.

He had trouble multiple times and was very wide in the Champagne, but he didn't do anything to verify his first start as fully legitimate even if you are prone to throwing it out because of the trouble and the off track.

His Juvenile was fast but imo he had pretty perfect trip on that surface that day.

His Holy Bull wasn't as bad as it looks. He was bumped both sides in a race with a LOT of early bumping. That was probably part of the reason for the very slow early fractions. He was wide early getting back into the race being used more than the fractions make it appear and weakened. He's better than that.

I think he's not as good as his best races but not as bad as his worst races.

Just a note: Hades was one of the few horses that didn't get bumped at the start of the Holy Bull. That helped him get the lead in slow fractions.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.