Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfile

Awareness is the first step to making any change in our lives.
For me meditation has made the difference between winning and losing. I have the same skills whether I meditate or not. But I have seen over and over, I have a much higher success rate from meditating, and my biggest score was definitely due to a calm mind that didn't argue with itself.The KISS attitude.

Before playing in the January 2010 drf/nhc, I had stopped meditating, and not really winning and considered not playing in the contest cause I was doing poorly. I decided to give the contest a go by prepping myself with meditation again and finished 23rd. Afterwards, I stopped meditating and started losing again. Since May, I have been meditating again and winning again. I'm not really sure how I'm handicapping or betting any differently in the 2 modes of being except one is obviously more successful. That is what a successful handicapper cannot impart to a student of the game. His consciousness. Of course meditation also affects your everyday life by increasing awareness.

I think other factors are also important such as getting the right amount of sleep, eating right and not being stressed out from work or family. This game requires focus too,but the right amount. Too casual and you miss detail.Too serious and it becomes stressful and self defeating. That neutrality is something meditation helps me do.

Last edited by Light; 09-15-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)