Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #47
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Grits, if I respond am I arguing with a sign post?

I agree they should warn of gators and settle with these parents. But I don't feel harshly about Disney. Gator attacks are more rare than lightning strikes. There were 80 attacks and fatalities from 1948 til 2005. They worked closely with wildlife officials (and none of them recommended warning signs?). We're also just assuming these parents knew nothing about the gators on the property instead of making an unwise choice. They do say others staying at the property knew.

Whatever, it's horrible, but I feel sure the folks at Disney are as horrified as we are, if not worse.
Not directed at you, but I find the bolded to be impossible to believe. It is the common way to express danger. I think Disney had a fubar. As for assuming the parents didn't know about gators, I can believe it. People on vacation leave their brains at home. Seen it many times. We once had a large family from Ohio try to raft on the Atlantic with 3 adults and five children on four rafts with 6 oars. Let that sink in. One raft had two under 10 children on it with one oar. On the ocean!!!!! All had to be rescued of course. The next day??? They burned the rental home down. True story.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)