Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 03:12 PM   #14
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocraft67 View Post
Bloodhorse highlights two runners that don't make the 0:38 cutoff, Sierra Leone and Stronghold. My takeaways from those performances are very different. From the article:
"Sierra Leone unleashed an eye-catching homestretch rally to win the Blue Grass"

Stronghold "finished slower than ideal when battling to a tenacious victory in the Santa Anita Derby"
Sierra Leone won in the stretch easily after working through a trip. Stronghold prevailed in a tight stretch duel after tracking the pace uneventfully.

Looks like Stronghold gave all he had to beat Imagination, but still logged an uninspiring final 3/8. Sierra Leone blew by Just a Touch, who showed just a bit more finish after keeping pace and grinding out the lead in the stretch.

I suppose you could argue that Stonghold did no more than he had to, but Sierra Leone delivered the goods with time to spare.
Sierra Leone did indeed deliver the goods in the BlueGrass. He didn't appear to be pressed even a bit when he was passing horses in the final 1/8th like Nuns standing at a Bus stop. He has that long athletic stride that simply eats up the ground beneath him. I believe that he will relish the added distance of 10 furlongs.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)