Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #653
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I don't play NYRA very much at all, but I "defend" it because no one attacking it has yet to make a sensible argument. They were forced into a higher takeout that they did not want, after being literally robbed blind by both NYC OTB for years, who refused to make payments they were required to make, and then by the state dickering them around for 10 years after the slots were authorized - this cost them billions, and yet, through it all, they managed to put on the premier American racing year after year.

There is argument as to whether there was confusion as to when to end it and how, but take that off the table, they fired their top guy. Then, when they replace him, which was not optional, the state attacks them for that! Anyone consciously following this should see right that the state has no intention of being fair in this - which is probably why there was hesitation about lowering it in the first place.

Exactly what outcome do you want to see? the end of NY racing?
Because if handle is any indication, those who were raked over the coals as some here maintain, have not stopped playing there, and that
pretty much says it all.
I'll tell you what I want to see, Tom:

I want to see horsemen and racing officials held accountable whenever they screw the horseplayer.

No cover-ups, no unreported mini-suspensions, and no slap-on-the-wrist fines.

I don't give a shit about the racing industry as it stands right now...because the industry doesn't give a shit about their customers.

The entire racing industry is motivated solely by GREED...and it's about time the horseplayer got greedy as well.

My loyalty lies with the horseplayer...because he has been maligned for much too long.

The industry's problems are self-inflicted...but the horseplayer's problems are not.

WE are the real victims in this game...and we should not be wasting our sympathy on those who consider us only as an afterthought.

Last edited by thaskalos; 05-20-2012 at 08:48 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)