Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: China
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #10
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhead
I've never dealt with the Germans, but I'll stand up for the Japanese and the Israelis.

The Israeli's are a lot like us, their firms remind me of a good US firm, no difference. Good stand up guys, good communication. Military tech out the wazoo, educated out the wazoo. It all works, no surprises. Great partners.

The Japanese are just Japanese. The highest of quality, the most polite. They Will Get You An Answer. Spec'ing out something for Japanese mfg can be a nightmare, they want specs on things you never realized you needed specs for. But you know what? They're right. Worse still is doing to opposite, and trying to sell to a Japanese firm. But I dig that about them. If you want a real QA done, just try to sell your widget to Mitsubishi.

We do a lot of work with China. Some good, some bad. Always entertaining. If you ask them for something, they'll say yes.
They might have no idea what it is, but they'll say yes.
You ask for status, they'll say yes.
And then they'll deliver something.
Maybe not what you asked for, maybe something that is even mildly dangerous, maybe something that works just fine. Who knows.
heh, I've been there, done that with respect to the Japanese. working for them and supplying to them, Mitsu, Toyota, Honda. It can be frustrating but also a learning experience. there's nothing without a spec, and they sweat over the smallest details. you have to bring your A game to when you work with them.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)