Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Bob Baffert
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 07:55 PM   #39
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian1 View Post
I will respectfully disagree.

Which one of those other super trainers have, let's say, 1/2 as many positives, 15, or a 1/4 as many, 7+. And not all positives are equal. A bute overage positive, just over the limit or a widely used drug like a ...mycin of some sort are everywhere as they should be when needed. And a mistake can and does happen.

Steroids, which were legal until about 10 years ago are totally illegal. As are many others. An ounce of pot is not the same as an ounce of coke or heroin .

And this miniscule crap I saw posted by it doesn't matter, is nothing more than spin. Of course it's miniscule. It is in the blood or urine. What's it supposed to be, a pint?

I know you didn't say this but someone did and I would have called them out but everybody already knows who he is , so I held my tongue.

There are some trainers retiring, getting out of the game, or going to bed frightened at night. HISA , for all it's mess, is working but it has a lot of work to do.

Please don't give 30 positives a pass. It's just not fair to those that do not have that on their records.

Thanks for listening Robert.
Just curious, how many of these 30 positives were for illegal medications? I'm not saying he doesn't use any illegal medications, I honestly don't know the answer to that. It's entirely plausible to me that he is using legal meds in such a way and training in such a way to get superior results. There are meds that are legal now that weren't 30 years ago. The only one I've heard say ban clen for example was Mark Casse. I have a lot of respect for that. Once you start calling for banning something which stresses the heart of the horse I'm 100% in your corner, but if you're using the same stuff and just not getting overages, to me that's different. A lot of legit hardworking trainers are going to have overages. Then it goes public and the general public immediately thinks illegal drugs are being used when it's nothing of the sort.

Last edited by MJC922; 03-14-2024 at 07:57 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)