Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #308
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Ras, the NHL has apps, a cable network, more television coverage than ever, regional TV deals, and new arenas. Is it your contention that the percentage of the population which cares about hockey is larger now than it was in the 1970's?

What you are doing is describing changes in the sports media landscape that apply to EVERY sport-- horse racing included, by the way-- and saying that's magically due to football's growing popularity. Meanwhile, the best measure we have-- broadcast television ratings-- show that the NFL is about half as popular as it was in the 1970's.

By the way, I'm pretty plugged in to media types. It's both part of my background and part of my job. If someone from ESPN or the NFL joined this discussion, they would laugh at you. Hundreds of meetings have been held about the fact that professional football, despite making tons of money, has lost a lot of market share.
There's a lot more people in America than there was in 1970, aren't there more people watching just due to there being more people period?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)