Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Arkansas Derby
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 04:21 PM   #6
bisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Timberlake looks the part IMO. 4 is fast enough to set the pace, I just hope that's the intent here because it should put a little bit of a dent in Bob's plans. I don't even see Timberlake as being that far back, maybe 4th after a quarter mile sitting comfortably at the rail. Should be a clean trip if he shows up.
When does Timberlake's problem changing leads catch up to him? He stumbled through the stretch like a drunken sailor in the Rebel. That also gives you an idea of what he was running against in that race. I think Mystik Dan might be the best overlay of the favorites. Very professional in the stretch last out. Look at the spacing of his races in late fall and winter. Those races he backed up didn't have many works between them. Ran an allowance at churchill 11/25 and the next work was 12/25. I'm guessing he was galloping between that. After he backed up in the Smarty Jones he had the 3 works before he exploded in the Southwest. That was the 1st race he was trained properly for a win.... Any chance everything before that was conditioning while racing? He might bounce off that last one, but he's better than everyone is giving him credit for...
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)