Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 04:56 PM   #36
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
heres my story.

back in the late 70s i bet the trotters at meadowlands and whatever track New york was running. i had my ups and downs. i had a nodding acquaintance with young gentleman about my age who also bet the trotter. so its mid card at the night card at Roosevelt and i am up like 150. my guy comes up to me and asks for a loan as he had tapped out. i say sure. how much. he needs 100. i say sure, here it is. i guess he felt guilty about asking for a loan, he gave me his passport for collateral, not necessary i told him, honor among horseplayers but he insisted and i kept his passport. so we agreed to meet next week at the meadowlands. no show. the week after no show. finally the 3rd week i see him and he looks like total shit. i told him dont worry about the payback and gave him back his passport.asked for my address. gave it to him. a year passes. i dont see him.
i forget about him and one day there is a letter from him. apologized that it took so long enclosed was 120.

Allan

I thought it would end differently as I thought you were talking about a guy we hung out with at Monticello. Owed everybody, including me money.

Than he disappears for months and the rumor, which we all believed is that he died of AIDS. We all felt pretty bad for him and figured we would never see our money again.

Until there was a sighting of S---- at the Big M.

Then we all wished the prick would have died of AIDS!

Last edited by Boomer; 05-19-2022 at 04:58 PM.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)