Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 01:27 AM   #24
Parkview_Pirate

Quite a few stories, including some of myself - but...

- I knew two cab drivers who played the ponies at Fairmount Park back in the mid 1980s. To protect the innocent, whoever they may be, we'll call them Joe and Chet. If they didn't cash in the first race or two, out they'd head to the parking lot and go drive their cabs. If it was slow on the cab circuit, they'd be lucky to make enough to pay their "rental fee" for the vehicle that night. If they hit a couple of juicy fares, they would sometimes be back for the 9th or 10th race.

The last time I saw Joe, he was sitting with a woman in the clubhouse, a pained expression on his face, as she paid for his lunch but was obviously limiting his betting funds. Joe needed better advice on how to find a Sugar Momma.

The last time I saw Chet, he told me his father had died and left him $70,000 - which he had pissed away at the track in about six months. Sheesh.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)