Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #35
biggestal99

heres my story.

back in the late 70s i bet the trotters at meadowlands and whatever track New york was running. i had my ups and downs. i had a nodding acquaintance with young gentleman about my age who also bet the trotter. so its mid card at the night card at Roosevelt and i am up like 150. my guy comes up to me and asks for a loan as he had tapped out. i say sure. how much. he needs 100. i say sure, here it is. i guess he felt guilty about asking for a loan, he gave me his passport for collateral, not necessary i told him, honor among horseplayers but he insisted and i kept his passport. so we agreed to meet next week at the meadowlands. no show. the week after no show. finally the 3rd week i see him and he looks like total shit. i told him dont worry about the payback and gave him back his passport.asked for my address. gave it to him. a year passes. i dont see him.
i forget about him and one day there is a letter from him. apologized that it took so long enclosed was 120.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)