Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #8386
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlay
It would depend on the attitude with which someone approached Jesus. Yes, Jesus accepted people whom society considered outcasts, but he did so on the basis of their repentance, their recognition of their need for a spiritual physician, and their faith in his ability to help them in that regard. The same would not apply to someone who was sinning deliberately and repeatedly, while failing to recognize his need for God's mercy and forgiveness (i.e., not realizing that he was spiritually "sick" to begin with), and even demanding that God accept his behavior before he would have anything to do with God, or believing that God was (or should be) perfectly satisfied with the way he was living or acting. That was why Jesus so strongly condemned the hypocrisy of the scribes and Pharisees. (But even that condemnation was done in the hope that they would see their need for forgiveness and come to him in repentance, just as the tax collectors and other outcasts had.)
However, the condemned adulteress did not approach Jesus, he approached her and defended her to the angry mob.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.